Friday, February 6, 2009

Checking In

I have not done a very good job in 2009 of keeping up with all Allie's happenings. Even tonight I can promise no new pictures because I haven't downloaded anything since Christmas, the camera is downstairs, and I'm too lazy to go and grab it.

Allie is changing every day! Lets see - she loves her animals. She can identify and make the sound for turkey, sheep/lamb, shark, snake, owl, and cow. (I'm sure I'm forgetting some.) We've been working on cat and dog but to no avail. She'd rather stick with more unique sounds!

She still loves airplanes. She freezes every time one flies over and opens her mouth really wide. She waits until you provide the same reaction and then says "airplane". Even in the car she'll point and let you know that one is flying by. Elmo and Mickey Mouse also make the favorites list, along with puzzles (she is really good at puzzles), jumping on the bed, and collecting rocks.

She likes to do itsy, bitsy, spider. Her favorite is to request it while mom is driving. Her request is always put on hold until we hit a red light or stop, but she still keeps doing it. She also enjoys pat-a-cake, happy and you know it, and ring around the rosie.

Froggy still goes everywhere with her. He oftens gives kisses to whoever and whatever is in sight. He also like it when Allie feeds him snacks. :-) Brian and I are occasionally awakened in the middle of the night if he suddenly is MIA. She's definetely very attached to him.

Her vocabulary is growing immensly. It seems everyday something new is popping out of her mouth. We're working very hard on please and thank you, and to use our words instead of whining for things.

We've also officially entered the trantum stage. I'm sure they get worse but for now this is bad enough. They usually end pretty quickly, but it is still quite amazing how worked up she can get over the simplest of things. Yesterday it was because I turned off the light and she wanted it ON.

No trips planned anytime soon. Allie, Brian and I will probably be in Nebraska for Memorial Day weekend. Allie and I will be there for three weeks in July. We have talked about going to Disneyland in March but may just do a condo in San Diego in June. They all seem so far away but will be here before you know it.

2 comments:

Angie said...

She is so cute and learning so much. You and Brian are good parents. Anyway, I picture tagged you! Check out my blog for the instructions:) You have to do it! lol
Angie

the kaskas said...

Oh what fun the terrible twos will be! Haha. Honestly, it is tough... But I have learned some things that work well, and have started using them with Allie here. So if you want some advice, just ask!